- SmartNews have made a decision to merge the International Edition and US Edition to provide users everywhere with a more timely and consistent experience.
- The International Edition will be discontinued on March 15, 2023.
What to do
- If you are currently using the International Edition, it will no longer be available after March 15.
- Your personalized user settings will not be carried over when you switch to US edition. This includes your publishers and topics you have been following and was in a separate tab you have seen on the top. Please take a note or screenshot before you switch, if you need to have some form of backup.
- The option to switch back to International edition will not be available after version 23.2.20.
- You will need to change the edition to the US Edition from the setting. Profile tab on the bottom > Setting gear mark on right top corner > Edition > click “United States”
Where did my following publisher and topic tab go?
- The customizable tab function is no longer available. Instead, you will see a new tab called “following” where you can view all your favorite publishers and topics in one place.
- You may reorder your tabs by long-tap, and the “edit channels” menu will pop up.
Where can I see my following topics and publishers?
- You will be able to see them in the top section of the “following” tab, and also on your profile (accessed from the bottom “profile” button), and a section with “Follow/See less” will appear.
- You can add/delete them from the “discover more” button in the “Follow/see less” tab on your profile page.
Why is my Follow/See less tab empty?
The user setting will not be transferred when you switch editions on our app. Please add them manually from you profile tab > "Follow/See less"
My local channel is not loading
Unfortunately, we currently only support local features for zip codes within the United States, excluding Puerto Rico and the Northern Mariana Islands.
What is the difference between the US edition and the Intl edition?
- The US Edition mainly covers news in the US while the International Edition covers news in the world.
- In the US edition, we have top section news block where you can see the breaking news in one view. The channel feeds are personalized based on your reading habits.
- Tab for the following topic and publisher will be added in the US edition.
What happens when I don’t switch the editions after March 15?
You will see no news on the app. In order to continue viewing news, you will need to switch the edition set to “United States”